Lately I've been infatuated with writing a straight Youji. ::blinks:: What gives? Straight... Youji... O_O;;; Don't get me wrong, I'm still a total Youji/Aya slut, but... ::sigh:: It's affecting my writing, and *that*, my friends, is irritating the hell out of me.
Although, I suppose that's not entirely a bad thing. I've written, what, thirty Youji/Aya fics? Most of them with zero plot, and basically PWP's without sex. ::winces:: That's like, lemonade without the lemon or something. ::sigh::
I'm hoping Nocturne's Fic Contest will be judged soon. I really, honestly have no competitors in the shounen-ai area. I submitted, what, eight or nine fics, all but two shounen ai, I believe... and of course, most people submitted R and NC-17 Lemons... that's a different story. I don't even expect an honorable mention there, despite Deceptive Pleasures. ::sigh:: I simply wasn't made for lemons. I really just shine as the shounen ai Queen that I am.
Now, to other topics.
I did some reading and observing today, since my muses are being bastards.
I'm sick of seeing Aya raped. No offense to any of the people that write NCS or rape fics, but it's just *not* my thing. [Hey, Lady Lemon, I do *not* mean you, btw. ^_~] Some of the fics are good and have decent plot, I'm simply tired of the overabundance of rape in general that I see written. *sighs*
I'm tired of seeing characters in love and cooing over each other without setup. I'm tired of seeing characers fuck like rabbits and then confess undying love with no backstory. I really am going to start writing candid reviews, and it won't be pretty.
I'm sick and tired of seeing people who take no care for grammar get rave reviews. Grammar is an essential part of a good story. If someone is tripping over your spelling and tense errors every five minutes, it's going to be annoying no matter how good your plot is. Get a fucking beta reader if you can't spot your own grammar issues.
Here is a short list of things that piss me off about WK fanfiction:
1) People spell the anime/team names/character names wrong. Weiss, WeiB, and Wei� are acceptable. Schwarz, NOT Schwartz or Shwarz. Aya. Omi. Ken. Youji's name has about four spellings that are acceptable. Has anyone verified Schulderich or Schurderich or Schurdig as an official name spelling? Schu is just one of those characters you have to let slide as far as name accuracy goes, I suppose. Tot. NOT Toto. Japanese people have to end words with vowels or 'n' sounds, therefore it's pronounced TOTO, but is spelled TOT. Neu, not NOI. Fansub people, I hate you for subjecting fans to mangled names. Manx, Birman, Botan. NOT BUTTON OR BARMAN! Farfarello, not Falfaldo. *winces* Abyssinian, Balinese, Siberian, Bombay. NO OTHER VARIATIONS. Not Abyshinia, Bombei, Sibelia, etc etc etc. I think I'm going to pull my hair out.
2) Eye color variations. It pisses me off when people say 'their eyes aren't that color!' Listen, you stupid bitches. There are manga and anime color differences, as well as differences between episodes. Aya's eyes are officially violet, but appear blue, gray, and violet at different times. Ken's seem to officially be green, brown, and blue, alternately. I've seen all three colors in official artbooks. Youji's eyes are ALWAYS green. Always. Thank god one thing stays. Omi's eyes vary shades of blue and green, but seem to be officially blue. Crawford's eyes are blue in the manga, brown in the anime. Schu's eyes are gold in the manga, blue or green in the anime. Check the god damn scenes. They show up as both green AND blue. Farfarello's eyes are alternately gold/amber, and I believe, red. Nagi's are morphous. Teal, Navy, Purple. Possibly other colors.
3) Hair colors. Why do I have to go through this? Yohji is technically blonde in the series. He's brunette in the manga. Omi is blonde. Aya is a redhead. Schu has GREEN hair in the manga, Orange/Red in the anime. If you're using manga color eyes, then go with the manga color hair, okay? Don't mix and match. Please.
4) *twitch* We never learn Schu's real name. DO NOT GIVE HIM ONE OF YOUR OWN! That is one of *the* most annoying fucking things ever. And *don't* give him some lame ass American name like Mike, or some clich�d german name like... Gus. Or whatever.
5) DO NOT ADD/SUBTRACT MEMBERS FROM WEISS/ SCHWARZ/ KRITIKER/ SCHREIENT unless it's actually done in the show, or you can pull it off *really* fucking well. Original characters based on yourself are no-no's. Original characters based off yourself for the purpose of fucking a canon character are abominable. That's what hentai daydreams are for. Don't publish that crap. If you must write it, keep it to yourself. If you must write original characters, make them good, and convincing.
6) Character Ages. Yet another pet peeve. *sigh* Yet another god damn irritating point. Aya's official age is listed at 'about 20 years'. That's vague, but implies age 20, possibly a few months in either age 19 or 21. Yohji's age is usually listed as 21-22. Omi is SEVENTEEN. Ken is NINETEEN. Learn the numbers. Memorize them. Use them. Aya joined Crashers at age 18, I believe. Youji joined Wei� at age 19, I believe.
I'm done now.